Friday, March 4, 2011

Treat Tin

This is my new Treat Tin, as part of my plan to stop eating nonsense - sweets (any kind - sour, gummy, sucky...all yum!); Hot Chocolate from BP (difficult when you drive past it everyday) and other diet no-nos like chocolate (a constant in my room) and the occasional Coke (which I rationalise as being necessary for energy and to finish the magazine...even though there's free coffee right downstairs!).
Apart from the dietary needs, I rather hope to save money in the process....which all these little indulgences end up costing every month!


So here's the plan - every time I crave one of the above mentioned treats, I have to put the money I would have spent on it into the tin. At some point in the distant future, I am allowed to open up the lid, count all my savings and purchase something - anything - that is not food.
I have already entered my first temptation - R7 for the Coke that I felt was necessary to get me through Friday.

Disclaimer: It's not that I am trying to make life any less sweet by 'denying' myself these things - they are just becoming a way too often occurrence that needs to be cut down dramatically - for the sake of my love handles and purse!

No comments:

Post a Comment