Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Can't you spell?

Spelling and grammar mistakes make me mad. I suppose it's just as well then that my role as editor is to make sure that our magazines and website showcase flawless copy all the time (well make that 99.9% just to cover my ass for those little typos!)

It absolutely amazes me how companies can place so little importance on this and have no problem having a menu littered with typos (don't you love the chocolate mousse desert option...must be some kind of delicious oasis!)

So here begins a new part of my blog: Can't you spell?
In it I am going to showcase examples of signs, menus, shopfronts, billboards and product labels that indicate a serious lack of spelling or grammar or are just very very ambiguous.

Yes, I am a nerd, but showcasing their embarrassing errors make me feel a little better about the lack of proper spelling and punctuation in this world :)







First up we have this very informative sign that appears in the Maxi's Restaurant in Newcastle, northern KZN.

I'd say any patron who accidentally enters that private place would be forgiven...

No comments:

Post a Comment