Monday, January 10, 2011

10 things I learnt this weekend...

  1. The roads home have gotten seriously potholed...hopefully something is done about it before the next trip back there
  2. Don't ever order bulk lasagne from a Mexican restaurant....they don't put any pasta in it nor any spices into the mince...so much so that it might taste like ass
  3. Getting my hair straightened by someone else is a real treat...but has motivated me to stop being lazy and do it more often
  4. Walking down the aisle is quite stressful (and the attention was not even on me so I will be tripling these feelings when it's my turn!)
  5. Choose songs that are well-known at your wedding - it really makes a huge difference and out-of-tune voices (me) can at least blend in with the better ones around me
  6. Photos in the veld are simple yet beautiful
  7. Wedges are the way to go (sorry Curly but the stilettos just ain't gonna happen!)
  8. I am truly blessed to have such a huge family (even if some of them are a bit weird!) and it's great to know that they will always be around
  9. Don't bring up your children in a city....they might not know what a town is...or even how to turn on taps! (I'm not kidding!)
  10. It's a relief to have Mom married and the wedding weekend over, so now I can  get used to the whole idea of a step dad and after a few months home will feel like home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment