Thursday, January 13, 2011

The 21km Challenge

Right, so in accordance with New Year's Resolution Number 5, I have signed up for a 21km race on 6 March. Eek! That is helluva far! The furtherest I have ever run...ever....is 10km so this is certainly a big challenge for me.
That being said, I have my running wingman C and a few digsmates keen for the race too (although their athleticism doesn't do much to make me feel better!)
But anyway, I have found a novice training programme on the internet and I have changed it around a bit to suit my regular training days. I plan to stick to it rigidly in order to (a) be able to run 21km in 8 weeks and (b) just as motivation and to 'force' me to exercise.
I am therefore revealing this programme below to be my sort of online training diary and will honestly record all my training and exercise for the next 8 weeks!
Here goes...!
*Note 1 - In black is the programme, in red is my actual achievement
*Note 2 - The days that specify minutes are for cross-training


MON


TUES


WED


1
30min

 60min aerobics
4km

 4km in +-30min on road
Rest

'Pool' workout (see explanation in next post)
2
35min
50min walk around the neighbourhood

4km

2.5km on treadmill (pathetic but really wasn't in the zone), weight training
Rest

2km walk, 10 x park hills and a little jog

30min leg class
45 min step class
3
40min
Car accident so think I'm forgiven

5km
Rest

Rest
7km on treadmill

4
45min
walk on beach

6km
Rest

Rest
6km on treadmill in 36min

5
50min
Rest - sore shins :(

7km
Another Rest

Rest
Hills in park and lunges

6
55min
3km on treadmill (sore shins :(
Abs

8km


Rest


7
60min


8km


Rest


8
Rest


4km


Rest


 



THURS

FRI

SAT
SUN

4km
 4km in 23min on treadmill

30min
Club dancing (it counts I think?)
Rest
7km 7km in 47min on treadmill
4km
1km swim
2km walk
30min
4km run
Rest
8km
5km (naughty!)
5km
6.5km on road
30min
60min power box class
Rest
10km
+- 10km run around Mt Edgecombe
7km
1km swim
30min
Rest
7km run in 42min on treadmill
12km
12km run in 72min on treadmill
7km
Strength train arms
30min
Rest
Rest
13km
Rest
8km

30min

Rest
15km

8km

30min

Rest
16km

4km

Rest

Rest
RACE

No comments:

Post a Comment