Wednesday, January 19, 2011

There's a bug in the air

Seriously!
In the last month or so, I've attended 1 wedding, had 2 cousins get engaged, my best friend got a fairytale proposal and another girl from my town get a ring on her finger.
I am already attending 3 weddings this year...and its the 19th of January!
And cue the jokes and questions of 'You're next'.
Ha ha, no.

Even some of the crazy independent never-want-to-be-tied-down types from school have changed their tune and are dreaming of the white picket fence, cute babies and fluffy pillows of marriage.


While I am so incredibly happy for all these special people in my life (and who doesn't enjoy weddings!), I'm just not at that place right now.

I actually had to walk down the aisle myself recently (accompanying my mom and handing her over to my now-step dad) and I was overwhelmed by all the smiling faces and they weren't even looking at me!!

The awkward thing is, whenever Curly and I have been asked that question before, we would just shrug it off saying, "We're too young".
But now that reason can't really apply anymore seeing as these new fiances are either a little older, the same age or younger than us!

Don't get me wrong, of course I want to get married someday....and it is easy for my mind to wander off into the fairytale land of romantic proposals, wedding dresses, cake tasting and bridesmaids (eek how do people choose!)....I'm just not quite ready yet.
I'm quite happy where I am for the time-being - friends, career, joburg life and of course, loving Curly more and more.

And that's just perfect for now and until my facebook status changes....I'll eat the whole cake myself thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment