Tuesday, March 15, 2011

10 things I learnt this weekend...

Disclaimer: Not my mansion - pic from the web
  1. You are NEVER too old to play like a kid. A gladiator slide into the pool means hours and hours of fun - bouncing, diving and splashing!
  2. Just because it's the weekend doesn't mean you HAVE to go out to supper - it is perfectly nice to eat a home-cooked Friday night dinner (not to mention the dance your purse is doing at the time!)
  3. Don't take families for granted - and I'm so glad that I get along well with my 'in-laws'....else it would have been a very awkward weekend!
  4. I am proudly South African and I don't think I've ever been so stressed over a sports match as the last 100 balls of the SA v India Cricket World Cup game on Saturday. We chocked them!
  5. Sleeping on a couch is not so bad once in a while, 2 nights in a row...not so much!
  6. Bear Grylls is an idiotic overdramatic pommie.
  7. Dreading going to work the next week is a waste of time and energy during the weekend.
  8. Sunday afternoons are blissful when spent lazing around a sparkling blue pool with the Sunday Times and good company.
  9. Joburg Bot Gardens and Emmarentia Dam is beautiful - a little piece of country life hidden away in the busy-ness of the city. A congregation of people of all ages and cultures enjoying the beautiful afternoon.
  10. Giving up chocolate and sweets and all things cakey is hard enough....especially when you can't enjoy a piece or two of mint chockie as you settle in to bed for a Sunday night movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment