Friday, March 11, 2011

A weekend in pictures

Friday afternoon traffic is never a pretty thing...especially when you're moving at 10km/h. But I guess it does give me time to think about the week that has just finished and start looking forward to the weekend; a sort of transition period. And then you get a car alongside you like this one that just makes you smile. Proudly South African all the way!

Ran my first Half Marathon! 21 gruelling kilometres up way too many hills but we made it. Definitely could have trained more - after 12km,  knees and ankles were battling! But crossing that finish line (despite knowing that quite a few marathoners had already doubled our distance and passed us!) was amazing. As was seeing Curly's smiling face and his handing me Repril gel to rub on my legs! Hooray! And now we've even gone as far as to sign up to a running club so that we are fully licenced runners with real club vests (as opposed to the 'girls in purple' we've been at the others. I guess that means we need to sign up to some more races?!

Ah, drinking games. Kings may be the most overplayed of them all but it remains one of the most fun. What started off as a chilled Friday braai got a little debaucheris when, after a few rule cards, we were all speaking Afrikaans and trying not to show our teeth. Not PC at all considering the recent outcry over Nkuli's Cape Coloured column...or Jimmy Manyi's comment about the overpopulation of them in the Western Cape and Trevor Manual's open letter of disgust...but it was a helluva funny evening nonetheless!
Ah, the McFlurry. It just tastes so good!  So all I wanted in the world was a McFlurry and my white expanse of bed to collapse on. Which I duly did and was fast asleep by 9pm. Wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment