Thursday, May 26, 2011

The fattest bridesmaid


Yes that is all that is left of the hypothetical wedding cake after me, hypothetical fattest bridesmaid, ate it all at the wedding. That is where the term 'Fat Cake' comes from!
Yes that person that everyone hopes they'll never be....well that has become my reality.
I am to be the fattest bridesmaid at my best friend's wedding. Besides this large issue (ha ha), the other maids and bride have dabbled in modelling...and one of them is up for bride of the year after her own wedding!
BUT - at least there is a but - it is only in January.
That gives me 7 months to tone up and weigh down (or is that tone down and weigh up?).
Plus it will be summer (I'm from South Africa and the wedding's in New Zealand so a bit of a tan might distract from the lumps and bumps sticking out through the planned Grecian dresses.
Or maybe one of the others will get pregnant to detract the attention from me?
Or I can take myself in hand and get serious.
So here it is - my latest pledge.
Long term goal = be a (I'm not even asking for the!) skinny bridesmaid.
Short term goal = fit in to my skinny jeans (It is possibly officially winter now and I really can't get away with only 4 pairs of pants for the season)
The how:
Gym. Hard and properly. Have also signed up for a month of boot camp with digsmates...now if a screaming tyrant is not enough to scare the kgs off, the cold weather we're doing it in certainly will!
Eat properly. Healthily. And do not deny myself things that I crave. My typical method is to simply give 'bad' things up (chocolate, cake!) for long sessions of time but then when that time is up and I pat myself on the back..I go gobbledy gook - literally. This is also where my Treat Tin comes in too - time to start saving up some serious petty cash!
Because I absolutely to be THAT girl - the fattest bridesmaid! 

No comments:

Post a Comment