Thursday, November 10, 2011

Conquering coffee

As part of a challenge set down by my Life Group last week, I attempted to give up coffee for a while. The aim was to give up something you 'value' > and ultimately see how, in actual fact, you really don't need it at all. Because at the end of the day, it's just you and God right?

So while I may not have done something as dramatic as give my bed, car or cell phone (one has to live after all!) I did give up something that I ritually drink every morning - and a few times a day.
Just by the way, I did actually live without my phone for Day 1 - after I accidentally, on purpose left it at home - and I survived remarkably well.

This giving up coffee thing turned out to be quite tricky actually as this week was my deadline week so 13 hours of writing, I was a shriveled mess. I actually put myself to bed last night at 9pm because I was barely functioning as a person and could not really bring myself to even have a conversation!

So as part of the new week I made myself a cup of coffee this morning and must admit that it didn't taste that great.
I can really see myself getting out of the habit (well I'll have to report back after 21 days - the time it apparently takes to start a new habit).
But I do not promise to never have a delicious foamy cappuccino with that itsy biscotti nestled into the china the next time I go to Mugg & Bean!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. No. I dont think its possible to function without Coffee. I've given up tobacco, but Cafeine is essential.

    ReplyDelete